The Universal Principles
1. The Major Premise.
There is a universal intelligence in all matter, continuously giving to it all its properties and actions, thus maintaining it in existence, and giving this intelligence its expression.
2. The Chiropractic Meaning of Life:
The Expression of this intelligence through matter is the Chiropractic Meaning of Life.
(This force animates the body, it makes it alive)
3. The Union of Intelligence and Matter:
Life is necessarily the union of intelligence and matter.
(You can only have life when this force expresses itself through matter. Where there is no expression, there is no life.)
4. The Triune of Life:
Life is a Trinity having three necessary united factors, namely Intelligence, Matter and Force.
(Mind, Body and Spirit)
5. The Perfection of the Triune:
In order to have 100% Life, there must be 100% Intelligence and 100% Matter.
(Everything has to be there for life to exist.)
6. The Principle of Time:
There is no process that does not require time.
7. The Amount of Intelligence for any given amount of matter is 100%, and its always proportional to its requirements.
(Matter either exists or it doesn't exist.)
8. The Function of Intelligence:
The function of intelligence is to create force. To make order out of chaos.
(Chaos is the disordered state of uniformed matter and infinite space supposed in some cosmogonic views, to have existed before the ordered universe.)
9. The Amount of Force Created by Intelligence:
The amount of force created by intelligence is always 100%.
(Things are either ordered or chaotic: They either exist or do not exist).
10. The Function of Force:
The function of force is to unite Intelligence and Matter.
(The purpose of this force is to create life.)
11. The Character of Universal Forces:
The forces of Universal Intelligence are manifested by physical laws; are unswerving and unadapted, and have no solicitude for the structures in which they work.
(Once matter exists, it follows all the physical laws of nature. Even though all the laws are not yet known)
12. Interference with the Transmission of Universal Forces:
There can be interference with transmission of the universal forces.
(You can bend or block light)
13. The Function of Matter:
The function of matter is to express force.
(Matter exerts force while it exists in time, and as it displaces empty space).
14. Universal Life: Force is manifested by motion in matter, all matter has motion, therefore there is universal life in all matter. (Matter exists through time as a distinct created product of various vibrational forces of energy)
15. No Motion Without Effort of Force: Matter can have no motion without the application of force by intelligence. (Matter cannot exist without time, nor can its vibrational energies exist without the direction and control of intelligence.)
16. Intelligence in Both Organic and Inorganic Matter: Universal intelligence gives force to both organic and inorganic matter. (Things can be either alive or lifeless, or rather organized or disorganized. It is the application of force to energy which determines the nature of that matter.)
17. Cause and Effect: Every effect has a cause and every cause has an effect.
18. Evidence of Life: The signs of life are the evidence of the intelligence of life.
(Life is expressed in many different forms).
19. Organic Matter: The material of the body of a living thing is organized matter. All of the materials making up our bodies are organized to promote and maintain all the functions of life. All materials have a purpose and a function. There is no random or chaotic activity within those organized interactions. Also worth reviewing Principle #11).
20. Innate Intelligence: A living thing has inborn intelligence within its body called, Innate Intelligence. (An inborn ability to express and maintain life).
21. The Mission of Innate Intelligence: The mission of Innate Intelligence is to maintain the material of the body of a living thing in active organization. (It is this intelligence which maintains the harmonious integrity of the body).
22. The Amount of Innate Intelligence: There is 100% of Innate Intelligence in every living thing the requisite amount, proportional to its organization. (It is either there or it isn't, in which case we would not be alive).
23. The Function of Innate Intelligence: The function of Innate Intelligence is to adapt universal forces and matter for use in the body, so that all parts of the body will have coordinated action for mutual benefit. (It uses matter and the physical laws of that matter to keep the body alive and well).
24. The Limits of Adaptation: Innate Intelligence adapts forces and matter for the body as long as it can do so without breaking a universal law or, [rather] Innate Intelligence is limited by the limitations of matter. (It can not make us 'Superman'. It can only follow the natural Laws of the Universe).
25. The Character of Innate Forces: The forces of Innate Intelligence never injure or destroy the structure in which they work. (Innate can only promote life and well-being).
26. Comparison of Universal and Innate Forces: In order to carry on the Universal Cycle of Life, Universal forces are destructive, and Innate Forces are constructive as regards to structural matter. (Matter breaks down, while the life force tries to hold it together).
27. The Normality of Innate Intelligence: Innate Intelligence is always normal and its function is always normal. (It is always the usual or expected state, form, amount or degree. It is a non-variable force).
28. The Conductors of Innate Forces: The forces of Innate Intelligence operate through or over the nervous system in animal bodies. (The nervous system is the conduit through which this force gives life to the body).
29. Interference with Transmission of Innate Forces: There can be interference with the transmission of Innate Forces. (One can alter the function of the life force. We can become ill or cause a life to cease).
30. The Cause of Dis-Ease: Interference with the transmission of Innate Forces causes in-coordination or Dis-ease. (Altering that force will make Innate unable to fully express itself in the body and it is then we become diseased).
31. Subluxations: Interference with transmission in the body is always directly or indirectly due to subluxations in the spinal column. (Alterations in the expression of the life forces are caused by misalignments of the nervous system due to external universal laws).
32. The Principle of Coordination: Coordination is the principle of harmonious action of all the parts of an organism, in fulfilling their offices and purposes. (All the parts of a body work to keep that body alive and well).
33. The Law of Demand and Supply: The Law of Demand and Supply is existent in the body in its ideal state; wherein the clearing house is the brain, Innate is the virtuous banker, brain cells are the clerks and nerve cells are the messengers. (The living brain and nervous system dispense all of the living functions in the body, as directed by the Supreme Intelligence!)